It may seem like a lost art but it is possible to achieve the perfect shave without going to see a professional. Just follow these simple steps to DIY:
– Ensure your hair is completely wet and clean. The best time to shave is just after a shower and cleanse, when the pores are open and the hair soft.
– A good quality, lathering shave cream is definitely a key part of the shaving routine and we have a clear favourite. It doesn’t dry the skin out like shave gels and foams and provides just the right amount of friction between the razor and skin.
– Keep your blades sharp as dull blades can cause significant damage to the skin so are best avoided. Also shave in the direction of hair growth – a super close shave will only increase the chance of razor burn.
– After you’ve finished shaving, close up the pores with some cold water and remember to pat your skin dry, don’t rub.
– Moisturise – finish your routine off with a good quality moisturiser to soothe and calm the skin.